A UK boarding school is an excellent foundation for university, it provides a two year A Level or IB academic course as entry to top universities, but also offers the opportunity for each student to experience living in the UK, learning to be independent in a safe secure environment, it builds confidence and prepares each young person for the next step in the education of life.
UK universities are diverse, multicultural, creative and welcoming, they offer top quality teaching and great career prospects.Over 430,000 international students study in UK universities, from over 180 countries.
Providing renowned excellence!
1.The quality of UK education is recognised by employers, universities and governments worldwide.
2.The UK is a popular destination for international students, it has well respected world-class teaching – 4 of the top 6 universities in the world are in the UK.
3.UK research is 'world leading' and 'internationally excellent'
All UK boarding schools have dedicated Careers and Higher Education Departments with a library of information and specialist staff to guide the students through this important next stage.
When planning University entry – things to remember!
1. Start research early – there are a lot of options to choose from.
2. Know the deadlines – you need to apply almost a year in advance.
3. Search for courses – choose something you would enjoy and be interested in.
4. Go to University Open Days – very helpful in making your university selection.
5. Check entry requirements –make sure you can get the grades they need.
6. Your personal statement – this is very important, get help and advice.
7. Understand student finance – check the university and accommodation fees.
8. Be prepared for results day- make sure you have everything ready.
9.Understand Clearing – disappointing results, contact us we can help!
10.UCAS- is the 'Universities and Colleges Admissions Service'-http://www.ucas.com/ UCAS are the organisation responsible for managing applications to higher education courses in the
Things to consider
The GCSE results are critical for your university application, as they are the evidence that a university admissions tutor has of an applicant's performance in a public examination, GCSEs and IGCSEs are common currency for UK and international applicants. Taking and doing well in GCSE is the start of the university application process. Top universities will be looking for as many as eight A*s in a range of GCSE subjects, all universities require at least a grade C in English and mathematics and all will need evidence of sufficient ability to make a success of a three-year a
Please contact us if you require further information: www.andersoneducation.co.ukAnderson Education offers impartial help and advice on UK Boarding Schools, Language & Summer programmes.